Today I have five things to share with you. Buckle up, blogfriends!
- Most people don’t realise that I learned to play classical guitar.
- Most people don’t realise that I wore built-up shoes as a child due to knock-knees.
- Most people don’t realise that I am genuinely ambivalent about Marmite.
- Most people don’t realise that I don’t recognise faces easily.
- Most people don’t realise that I have wanted to kill myself.
We hide, intentionally or not, many facets of our lives. Sharing everything would be information overload of the most intense variety. However, depression and mental illness are too often hidden because of stigma.
This post is a contribution to the Blog for Mental Health Project 2014. You can read more about it by following these links.
“I pledge my commitment to the Blog for Mental Health 2014 Project. I will blog about mental health topics not only for myself, but for others. By displaying this badge, I show my pride, dedication, and acceptance for mental health. I use this to promote mental health education in the struggle to erase stigma.”
What don’t people always realise about you?